KAPSARC engaged leading International Organizations to write a series of reports on carbon management that form the CCE Guide for delivery to the 2020 G20. This collaboration grew out of meetings in Paris in July 2019 between KAPSARC, the Saudi Ministry of Energy and several of the partners. The meetings were also the genesis of KAPSARC’s concept of the circular carbon economy that has formed the organizing principles of the CCE Guide.
As a top quartile global energy think tank, KAPSARC values objective, fact-based research and analysis. The cornerstone of the CCE Guide collaboration has been that each partner has full independence and control over the content of their reports. Visit the CCE Guide partners for more information on their other research and activities:
KAPSARC will continue to develop knowledge around circular carbon economy and welcomes further collaboration with other research institutions. Next steps in CCE research will likely include:
- examining the connections between the material flows of the circular economy and carbon flows of the circular carbon economy
- evaluating the full value chain for hydrogen production, transport and consumption
- building modeling tools to better forecast future CCE scenarios
- conducting deep dives into CCE opportunities for hard-to-abate sectors
- developing case studies for implementing CCE principles in a variety of countries
If interested in participating in future research, please contact us below.